yesterday morning was -10ºc
i think this is the coldest i have ridden in but i came prepared and i think i have it nailed.
this is what kept me toasty.
- my marino Rapha jersey, year round the best piece of clothing i own
- Specialized thermal full leg tights
- lycra arm warmers
- thin uniclo cashmere jumper
- chrome shorts, more for modesty than warmth but they keep a bit of the wind of my legs
- angora sox ... thanks KT
- sidi diablo mtb shoes, i think these are the most expensive shoes i own but have goretex and winstopper layers and the shit in cold weather
- extra woolen gloves, pulled up to the elbows
- new king kog jacket, thermal, wind proof and mean looking
- marino cap with ear flaps
- wind, water proof thermal gloves
- skull mask, this created condensation that froze in my beard but protected my neck and chin from the elements
- riding glasses (not in picture)